quarta-feira, março 22, 2006

The English Patient

I remember I didn´t really understand why should this movie have won almost every oscar available at the time.
... now I do.

I like it almost too much.. the way the past and present mingle so perfectly and we ache about both. The way there are some sounds that make the patient go back to places and moments and live them all over again.. feels so real and believable.

Well, I think I like it best each time I see it and there are few movies about which I can say that.

I bumped into it yesterday night and I couldn´t help but being overwhelmed by the absolute feeling of love, pain and sorrow of almost every character.



PS - it's so funny the easyness with which we fall in love with hard, misterious, different people who are absolutely unlike us. It's so very funny that people usually love to fight and ache for impossible people that they know are only trouble.
... I think it's amazing and I think I am just like that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana Martins Correia said...

Só tenho uma coisa a dizer: ai, esta Ralph Fiennes...

11:21 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home